| Jason, I want to take a moment to talk about something that shaped my entire life. Unions. I spent 31 years as a union construction worker. I worked heavy highway, side by side with people who knew what it meant to show up every day, work hard, and look out for one another. Those crews became a second family. The union gave us safety, fair wages, training, and the dignity of knowing our work mattered. Unions built the middle class in this country. They fought for the forty-hour workweek, overtime pay, safer job sites, and benefits that helped families survive tough times. None of it was handed over. Workers stood together and made it possible. I am proud of that history, and I carry it with me into this race. The people who punch a clock keep this country running, and they deserve someone in Washington who understands their work and respects it. This is one of the closest House races in the country, and the first FEC reporting deadline is on December 31st. If you believe in union strength and a future where working people have a real voice, I hope you will help us stay competitive and chip in $5. |
| Thank you for standing with me. It means more than I can say. Rodney Rave |
No comments:
Post a Comment