Tuesday, July 2, 2024

I know the city budget like back of my hand

Our next big fundraising deadline comes in 9 days. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏

I was the city comptroller for 8 years and I've seen the city budget from every angle. I know it like the back of my hand. And I can tell you one thing:

Eric Adams is lying to you about his budget.

The truth about his budget is simple. No matter what he says, Adams is cutting our essential services.

❌ He told us he funded education - but universal pre-k was cut.

❌ He took a victory lap on re-funding the libraries he repeatedly cut.

❌ And when we're heading into the hottest months of the year, he stripped our parks budget.

Eric Adams is failing and he's lying to cover up for his incompetence.

That's why I stepped up to run in the first place, but I can't do this on my own. In just over a week, we have our first public campaign finance reporting deadline. We'll need to report every donation to our campaign and our campaign success will be on full display.

New York City will match all donations from New Yorkers 8 to 1, meaning your $20 gift is worth $180 to the campaign. I'm counting on you to help build this campaign, so that we can fix City Hall together. Please chip in now.

Donate $20
Donate $35
Donate $50
Donate $75
Donate $100
Other Amount

Thanks,
Scott

 

Scott Stringer is a lifelong New Yorker who has served New York City as Comptroller, Manhattan Borough President, and Assembly Member. He forced corporations across America to diversify their boardrooms. Stringer is committed to a thriving City that keeps its contract with every New Yorker—for public safety, housing, education, justice, and a sustainable environment.

Contribute
Make It Monthly
Paid for by Stringer NYC

Stringer NYC
PO BOX #4413
New York, NY 10185
United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

No comments: