Monday, August 29, 2022

I'm officially the Democratic nominee

We did it!
 

Dirt Road PAC

We did it, Jason: I'm officially the Democratic nominee in Florida's critical Senate race, and it's all thanks to the overwhelming support of this grassroots team.

This is a massive step forward in our movement to flip Florida blue, but the road ahead will be the toughest yet – with recent polls showing Marco Rubio and me tied heading into the general election, we can WIN.

But in a race this tight, every dollar will make a difference. If you are committed to flipping Florida blue and defending our Senate majority, I'm personally asking you to become one of my first general election donors by rushing $10 now to split between my campaign and Dirt Road PAC.

There was nothing easy about getting to this moment, Jason. I grew up as a poor, Black girl in the segregated South. But my family's faith and belief in opportunity taught me perseverance. It was my family, particularly my mother's words of "Never tire of doing good, Val," that pushed me to where I am.

There was nothing easy about being a first-generation college graduate, nor was it easy to work my way up the ranks of the Orlando Police Department. For 27 years, I served when it wasn't exactly ordinary to see a woman on the force, let alone a Black woman. But I never tired, and eventually, I became the first woman to lead my department as chief of police.

My road to this moment – to winning Florida's Senate primary – was not easy, and there won't be anything easy about defeating Marco Rubio in November. But I am determined to meet this moment, to win, to never tire of doing good for my community or of doing good for you.

I can't win this race alone, though, Jason. The real race begins now, so as we enter this final sprint to Election Day, I need you by my side more urgently than ever.

Please, will you rush $10 or more right now to split between my campaign and Dirt Road PAC to help me flip Florida blue and defend our Democratic Senate majority? Every dollar you can chip in today will help us start the general election as strong as possible.

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation to Dirt Road PAC and Val Demings will go through immediately:

I am so grateful for every bit of your support. Thank you.

– Val Demings

 
 

No comments: