Thursday, July 21, 2022

Someone special’s birthday

Whip Jim Clyburn
 

Dirt Road PAC

Jason,

Today is the birthday of someone who's really special to me: Whip Jim Clyburn.

SIGN THE CARD

I met the Congressman when I was in high school. He spoke at my installation ceremony when I was elected president of my school's National Honor Society.

The Congressman has been my mentor ever since then. I was a member of his staff in Congress, and he helped me when I ran for the Senate in 2020. We still work closely in our shared mission to get more good Democrats elected.

As Democrats, Jason, we work tirelessly to make sure every voice is heard. I can't think of many people who embody or have done more for furthering those values than our Majority Whip.

As a leading figure in our country's Civil Rights Movement, Mr. Clyburn trailblazed the path toward justice and equality for all. He still does as House Majority Whip where he advocates for access to affordable health care, communities safe from gun violence, and broadband in every home.

I want to wish my Congressman a happy birthday and thank him for all he does for our country. Will you sign his birthday card before the day is over, Jason?

Thank you,

Jaime

 
 

No comments: