Jason,
Thank you Oakland County!
It’s the honor of a lifetime to be your Democratic nominee for Congress in the 11th District.
Thank you to everyone who knocked doors, made phone calls, chipped in, and believed in this campaign. This victory belongs to all of us.
Seven years ago, I became the first openly gay person ever elected to the Michigan State Senate. And this November, I will become the first openly gay member of Congress in Michigan’s history.
This is bigger than me. It’s about the kind of representation our state deserves, and it’s about stopping Donald Trump cold.
In the State Senate, where I chair the Elections Committee, I helped pass a state Voting Rights Act to protect your right to vote after the Supreme Court gutted the federal one. Now I’m headed to a general election where I’ll take that fight to Washington, to stop Trump’s attempts to federalize our elections and finally pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act.
This moment calls for bold, fearless leaders, and that’s exactly what I plan to bring to Washington. Michiganders are sick and tired of Democrats who show up to the knife fight with a pie chart. That’s not me.
I’m ready to bring our progressive, Michigan values to Washington. Winning the primary was an important step, but our work isn’t over yet. The general election starts now.
I’m incredibly grateful for everything you've done to get us here. Now, I’m asking you to stay in this fight with me.
Please pitch in any amount today and help us carry this momentum into the general election.
Thank you,
Jeremy |
No comments:
Post a Comment