Teaching is some of the hardest work I've ever done.
When I was student-teaching at Chugiak High School, I had never been more tired in my life. I can tell you, I've done some really hard things. I've been a commercial fisherman, I've been a construction worker, and I've spent 12 to 14 hours a day with a shovel. Nothing quite compares to that first week of teaching.
The drive home was about 20 minutes, and I literally could not make it without pulling over at the side of the road and taking a nap.
Now we're seeing classes grow. We're seeing teachers being even more stressed. We're seeing our education system being stressed, and that's not good for anybody. It's not good for our teachers. It's not good for our students. And in the end, it's not going to be good for our state and our society.
Our kids deserve our best. They deserve the investment that will provide them with a really good education. And our teachers deserve the opportunity to build good lives here while stewarding the next generation of Alaskans.
That's why I'm proud to have earned the endorsement of the National Education Association. They know this race matters for Alaska's kids and Alaska's teachers.
We need to make billionaires and big corporations pay their fair share so we can invest in our public schools. Strong schools build a stronger Alaska. As your Congressman, I'll make education a federal priority.
Please chip in today to help send me to Congress to fight for Alaska's kids and teachers. |
No comments:
Post a Comment