Wednesday, March 27, 2024

I’m a black, female public health expert running for Congress. I’m Donald Trump’s worst nightmare.

Jason,

This is Dr. Pamela Pugh. I’m reaching out to you today as a fellow Democrat activist.

Here’s my big news: I've stepped up to run for Congress in Michigan’s 8th District in 2024 – one of the 21 toss-up districts around the country that will decide if Democrats take back the House in 2024. 

As a candidate, I have decades of public service and advocacy experience that I can use to win over the hearts and minds of voters: I was the Chief Public Health Official tasked with cleaning up the Flint Water Crisis, and have led the fight to end childhood lead poisoning in Michigan at the state capitol. 

Years of Republican-controlled government and “Emergency Managers” in Michigan have particularly harmed our state’s education system and environment, and I’ve had to lead the fight to clean up the mess. Now, I’m ready to help fix the MAGA mess in the House of Representatives. 

Now that I’ve explained a bit about my campaign and why I’m running. Now, I’m going to ask for your personal endorsement in this race.

Now, here’s a bit more about my home district that I’m running in:

1. This will be a "toss-up" level competitive race in November according to the Cook Political Report. So, we need a Democrat who has deep experience like I do working on the issues people are passionate about: I am working hard to do what it takes to win this campaign, so I can take my expertise in public health, education, and environmental science to Congress to fight for working Michiganders.

2. I’ve won contested elections in this district before. I’ve been on the State Board of Education since 2014, and currently serve as the President. I won re-election in 2022 with over 2 million votes statewide. 

Next, here’s a bit about me and why I’ve stepped up to run for Congress in 2024:

1. I’ve lived in Michigan’s 8th District since I was one year old – so I’m as close as you can get to a lifelong resident of our district and Mid-Michigan. I know our communities and I know how to connect with our voters. 

2. Professionally, I’m a scientist, a public health expert, an education leader, and a statewide policy advocate. I’ve served as the Chief Public Health Advisor responding to the Flint Water Crisis, and I led the fight to reduce childhood lead poisoning in Michigan. 

If you’ve followed anything about Michigan’s politics in the last several years, you know how badly Republicans have harmed our state’s education, environment, and children’s future. I’ve had a front-row seat as I led the efforts to clean up the Flint Water Crisis and fought for Detroit’s students a the landmark Right to Literacy lawsuit.

From my experience, I know how to work with those in government, roll up my sleeves, fix big problems that Republicans have caused, and get things done

Now, I’m ready to break down barriers in Congress as a Black woman with a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering and a Doctorate in Public Health, but I need your help to join our grassroots campaign. 

Jason, will you make a personal endorsement of my campaign for Congress? My campaign stems from a deep-rooted belief in standing up for the people and fighting for our democracy, our children, and our future. Please join me →

Thanks for your support,
– Dr. Pamela Pugh
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We work tirelessly to ensure that every eligible voter has an opportunity to cast their ballot. As we build on our momentum toward Election Day, there is no room to slow down. We are full speed ahead to push for a progressive victory!

Donate Monthly ›››

This email was sent to jasonsc.bolts14@blogger.com. Email is the most important way we keep in touch with supporters like you. However, if you would like to change your subscription preferences, here are some options:

To give by check:
Forward Blue
PO Box 702
Somers Point, NJ 08244

Email us: info@forwardblue.org

Paid for by Forward Blue and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

 

No comments: