Friday, March 22, 2024

Help me win and I’ll be the first Gen Z and Indian American legislator in Georgia

Hi Jason,

My name is Ashwin Ramaswami, and I’m running to represent Georgia’s 48th District in the State Senate. My friends at Forward Blue said I could reach out to you about my critical campaign that has major implications for the future of our state and our democracy.

I want to explain why I – a Gen Z Indian American with a computer science and law background – am running for office in 2024. And I want to explain why I’m running against an insurrectionist who has been indicted for trying to overturn the results of the 2020 election. This is a bit of a long email, so if you don’t have time to read all the way to the end, please click here to split a grassroots donation between my campaign and Forward Blue.

If you've stored your info with ActBlue Express, we'll process your contribution instantly:

Jason, we are living in a time of dangerous political polarization. Partisan gridlock has undermined the effectiveness of our government institutions here in Georgia, and the citizens of our state are suffering the consequences.

In my career so far, I’ve worked under Republican and Democratic administrations in my role as a federal election security civil servant. My public service has been built on fighting for the free and fair elections that serve as the backbone of our democracy. As a State Senator, I’ll be ready to work across the aisle to pass common-sense legislation on behalf of all Georgians.

The world is changing around us with recent breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and increased reliance on digitalization and automation. Georgia needs elected officials with expertise in the technology of the future. I’ve helped build startups, and my background at the intersection of law and technology makes me uniquely qualified to provide expertise on these issues at the Georgia Capitol.

As a 24-year-old candidate, I am also running to fight for my own communities, including my fellow members of Gen-Z.

Meanwhile, my opponent, Republican State Senator Shawn Still, was actually indicted as part of the far-right attempts to overturn the 2020 election results here in Georgia. He’s shown he’s unfit for public office through his support for undemocratic insurrectionists. We don’t need this type of representation in Georgia, and we don’t need our taxpayer dollars supporting someone like Shawn Still.

In 2022, my Republican opponent Shawn Still self-funded his campaign with $300K of his own money. I don’t have that kind of cash to invest in building our campaign, so I’m relying on grassroots donations to get this campaign across the finish line.

Georgia Senate District 48 – and our state as a whole – deserves better. I’m ready to break barriers and bring diverse new leadership to the Georgia State Capitol. If elected, I’ll be the first Gen Z State Senator in Georgia – as well as the first Indian American legislator, and the only state legislator with a computer science degree.

Jason, can you split a donation between my campaign and Forward Blue today to help me win this critical race in the Georgia Senate? I’d be so grateful to have your support.

If you've stored your info with ActBlue Express, we'll process your contribution instantly:

Thanks so much,

Ashwin Ramaswami

 

 

 

 

 

 

We work tirelessly to ensure that every eligible voter has an opportunity to cast their ballot. As we build on our momentum toward Election Day, there is no room to slow down. We are full speed ahead to push for a progressive victory!

Donate Monthly ›››

This email was sent to jasonsc.bolts14@blogger.com. Email is the most important way we keep in touch with supporters like you. However, if you would like to change your subscription preferences, here are some options:

To give by check:
Forward Blue
PO Box 702
Somers Point, NJ 08244

Email us: info@forwardblue.org

Paid for by Forward Blue and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

 

No comments: