Monday, August 24, 2026

66,000 Virginians

There is a constitutional amendment on the ballot that will make voting rights restoration automatic for anyone who has completed their sentence.
​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
United for Virginia's Future PAC Header
Dear Jason,
As Governor, I recently restored the voting rights of more than 66,000 Virginians — Virginians who have served their time, paid their debt to society, and are now rebuilding their lives. They deserve a voice in the future of this Commonwealth. Now, they have one.
VPM NPR PBS | Spanberger has restored voting rights to more than 66,000 Virginians
I am proud of this action, but it shouldn't take a Governor's order to make it happen.
The right to vote is too fundamental to depend on who is sitting in the Governor's office. The former Governor spent years blocking rights restoration. I reversed course, but what I did, the next Governor can undo.
This November, Virginians can fix that for good. There is a constitutional amendment on the ballot that will make voting rights restoration automatic for anyone who has completed their sentence.
Thank you,
Governor Abigail Spanberger

 

Paid for by United for Virginia's Future PAC

United for Virginia's Future PAC
P.O. Box 3121
Glen Allen, VA 23058
United States

While we'd be sorry to see you go, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list.

This message was sent to jasonsc.bolts14@blogger.com.

No comments: